Lead the Way! Become a Pacesetter!
Each year, a select group of local businesses take on the challenge to "jump start" the annual campaign by becoming a Pacesetter.
Pacesetter organizations lead the way in building a stronger, healthier community by running their United Way fundraising campaigns between mid-July and late September. They set the pace for United Way's annual campaign by building momentum for the community-wide effort to raise funds for local non-profit human service agencies and for initiatives that advance education, income, health and people's ability to meet basic needs.
- Promote the LIVE UNITED call to action: Give. Advocate. Volunteer.
- Conduct a workplace giving campaign from mid- July through late September.
- Conduct a “Best Practices” campaign for your company.
- Submit the results of your company campaign to the United Way by September 28th, 2018
Benefits of Becoming a Pacesetter Company:
As a Pacesetter, your company:
- Helps jumpstart the annual campaign - you set the pace for everyone else!
- Connects your organization with other community-minded businesses.
- Builds employee team unity and enhances their pride in helping the community.
- Provides employees with an understanding of current needs.
- Energizes your employees halfway through the year, taking advantage of the warm weather and breathing new life into your traditional fall campaign.
- Recognizes, promotes, and showcases your organization through United Way advertising materials.
- Positions your organization as a community leader.
- Defines your company as an essential member of a team that raises resources for the local area!
If your organization/company would like to be a Pacesetter in 2018 please complete the Pacesetter registration form.